Thursday, February 3, 2011

Introduction

This is a record of the work I have done with testing Lubuntu and getting it to work on old PCs and Laptops. I have been doing this development and testing work for a few months.  I have come to realize that a "diary" would help me to record what I have done and learnt. Lubuntu is the product I have chosen after trying other light weight distos Puppy etc. None of them provided what I wanted - namely first time install and booting without grub errors etc. The record will be in the form of notes under a subject heading - at some point I would hope to write a full procedure manual but I doubt that will happen! I apologize that the record will not be in the order which you need to follow. I have to work backwards through my notes and do the write ups (they may be out of the sequence you need to follow)  and there are still some issues I have not yet dealt with.

No comments:

Post a Comment